Geoff Stevens was born at West Bromwich 4th June 1942. He worked as an industrial chemist until 1995.
In 1976 he launched his own poetry magazine, Purple Patch, a successful and long-running magazine, called 'a national treasure' by The Guardian, which closed with his death in February 2012.
Geoff was also a successful poet in his own right being published in many magazines both in UK and overseas. We were lucky enough to be his friend and publisher, his last Indigo publication, Sleeping With You, being published just one month before he died. He saw it, he loved it, and wrote: "I’m glad that Indigo Dreams is so busy – it means the UK’s best poetry publisher is being successful." Totally over the top, but hey, who cares?
A great lover of poetry, a great man to know. We will keep his name alive as long as Indigo Dreams continues to exist.
Geoff Stevens 04/06/1942 - 02/02/2012
CLICK HERE TO SEE PREVIOUS WINNERS
Two winners will have a 52 page poetry collection published by award-winning publishers
Indigo Dreams Publishing and receive 20 copies
Submission: 10 poems (or poetry pages) to 36 lines max inc. line breaks, email or hard copy
Entry Fee: £20 per block of poems
Closing Date: 31st January 2018
1. No entry form is required. Each poem in the selection should be typed one poem per sheet and poems sent as one document. Poems must be your own work.
2. Entries are judged anonymously so poems must not bear any identifying marks.
3. Submissions may have been published online, in anthology or magazines, but not as a complete collection.
4. Your name, address, email, collection title and titles of the ten poems should be typed on one page and, if postal entry, placed in a separate envelope inside your submission. If submitting by email then this information should be sent in a separate email in advance of your poems. Your poems should be attached to one email with Geoff Stevens 2017 (only) as a heading and sent ideally as Word document - not pdf please!
5. Two winners will receive 20 copies of their collection up to 52 perfect bound pages. A standard royalty contract will be awarded. 2018 publication will if possible coincide with Geoff’s birthday, June 4th.
6. Email entries are accepted once payment has been made via PayPal.
7. All entries will be treated as copies and cannot be returned. It is essential that an SAE or email address is enclosed for notification of results. Results will also be published on the website.
8. More than one entry may be submitted provided it is accompanied by the correct entry fee. Reduction for multiple submissions.
9. All postal entries must be accompanied by cheque to correct amount made payable to ‘IDP’ or via PayPal at www.indigodreams.co.uk competitions page. Send postcard if acknowledgement required. Please send to address below. Email submissions to email@example.com (click Submission link below)
10. No correspondence can be entered into and judges’ decision is final.
Geoff Stevens Memorial Poetry Prize 2017
24 Forest Houses
ENTRY FEE HERE SUBMIT POEMS HERE
(Single or multiple submissions)